Over One Thousand Jackets, Tops, Pants, Skirts and Dresses Ready at $10 Each For Rose Brooks Benefit
Kansas City, MO – In the basement of World's Window in Brookside, as far as the eye can see, racks and racks of new and gently used women's clothing are freshly pressed and sporting ten dollar price tags. Over one thousand garments, just waiting for the start of the 9th annual "Flipping Favorites" shopping benefit for Rose Brooks Center.
On Thursday, May 8, World’s Window invites the community to attend its “Flipping Favorites” shopping event from 6 to 8 p.m. to support Rose Brooks Center. 100% of the proceeds generated from this event will benefit the women and children (and sometimes their pets) using Rose Brooks Center’s services.
It will be an evening of fun and fashion with music, champagne and a Red Carpet! Tower Cleaners has continued its nine year partnership with World’s Window by donating minor cleaning services for donated clothing in need of a touch-up.
The public can participate in “Flipping Favorites” in the following ways:
1) Attend the Flipping Favorites Grand Finale Party at World’s Window on Thursday, May 8, from 6 to 8 p.m. to shop hundreds of new and very gently used items for only $10 each. 100% of proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
2) Admission to the Flipping Favorites event on Thursday, May 8, is $10 and all proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
4) Shop the regular merchandise at World’s Window on Thursday, May 8, from 6 to 8 p.m. at a 20% discount. 10% of those sales will also be donated to Rose Brooks Center.
5) Purchase a hand-made ceramic “Joy” pendant for $10. The pendants were made by World’s Window staff and customers and depict words and feelings reflecting joy on our life journeys. All proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
6) With your purchase of Flipping Favorites $10 items, you can enter to win fabulous prizes including a $200 shopping spree at World’s Window.
World’s Window is located at 332 W. 63rd Street in Kansas City, Missouri, and opened its doors 30 years ago by Jan and Lonnie Buerge. World’s Window believes that shopping should be fun. A visit to World’s Window might include a sidewalk sale, a special fundraising event, a trunk show or the excitement of new arrivals. World’s Window offers its customers access to products and services which are superior to those offered by other resources by seeking out fair trade products and Earth sustaining products whenever possible. To learn more about World’s Window, please visit www.worldswindowkc.com.
Rose Brooks Center is a comprehensive domestic violence agency providing a full continuum of care including prevention programming, crisis intervention and other supportive services to thousands of women and children each year. In 2012, Rose Brooks Center reached more than 7,000 people through its 24-Hour Crisis Line and provided 57,696 safe nights to women and children escaping abusive homes. To learn more about Rose Brooks Center, please visit www.RoseBrooks.org.
For more information, contact: Jan Buerge, World’s Window 816-361-2500
To our users and readers
Press Release Central has moved to a new server. What does this mean for you? Releases posted prior to March 1, 2012 have gone away, as has your old account registration info. Everyone will need to re-register for an account. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Want your event in our calendar?
Would you like your event published in The Kansas City Star? We’d be glad to consider it.
About Press Release Central
Press Release Central is Kansas City’s largest community site for press releases announcing news of all kinds: business, entertainment, sports and more. Releases stay for an extended period, so messages live a long life. And if you’re hunting for tips or information, just search to find news, names and subjects you might have missed.