Free class offered on avoiding chimney fires, carbon monoxide poisoning

Contact Marge Padgidtt at 816-461-3665 or margepadgitt@comcast.net for information.

In an effort to reduce deaths and injuries during the winter season, the Midwest Chimney Safety Council offers a free class to groups of 20 or more about chimney safety.

Kansas City, Missouri, November 9, 2013

MCSC Education Director Marge Padgitt is available to speak to groups in the greater Kansas City area at no charge. How to Avoid Chimney Fires and CO Poisoning gives people the information they need to know about proper installation, operation, and maintenance of chimneys, vents, and woodburning appliances.

Over 14,000 house fires occur annually due to improper installation or maintenance of heating appliances.

Padgitt covers how often chimneys need to be cleaned, what chimney fire damage can do, how furnace flues are a high priority issue Carbon Monoxide poisoning risk, what older chimneys can do, what HVAC technicians don't cover, and more in this 1 1/2 hour lecture.

Marge Padgitt is a Certified Chimney Sweep and Certified Wood-Burning Technician with 28 years experience in the industry.

To our users and readers

Press Release Central has moved to a new server. What does this mean for you? Releases posted prior to March 1, 2012 have gone away, as has your old account registration info. Everyone will need to re-register for an account. We apologize for this inconvenience.




Want your event in our calendar?

Would you like your event published in The Kansas City Star? We’d be glad to consider it.

Enter your event

.

About Press Release Central

Press Release Central is Kansas City’s largest community site for press releases announcing news of all kinds: business, entertainment, sports and more. Releases stay for an extended period, so messages live a long life. And if you’re hunting for tips or information, just search to find news, names and subjects you might have missed.