Carli Good Named Komen Kansas City Executive Director

Kansas City, MO. Carli Good, MSW, a development professional with a social work background, has been named Executive Director of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Greater Kansas City Affiliate, effective immediately.

Good, who joined the Komen Kansas City affiliate in January 2011 as director of development and marketing, has served as Komen’s interim executive director since September 2012. She brings a wealth of experience in non-profit development, having led fundraising efforts at the Boys & Girls Clubs, American Heart Association and March of Dimes.

Additionally, the board of directors of the Komen Kansas City affiliate have elected Laurie Roberts, managing director of Parris Communications, as board president, and Debbie Schulte of Kessinger Hunter as vice president. Physician Shalina Gupta-Burt has been elected to the board of directors.

“Carli’s unique background of social work and fundraising expertise made her an ideal choice to lead our affiliate into the future,” said Roberts. “She has a proven development track record and a passion to remove obstacles in the journey for all breast cancer patients. We are grateful for Carli’s determination and drive and our Komen affiliate looks forward to serving more members of our community under her leadership.”

“I’m excited and inspired by Komen Kansas City’s commitment to providing breast screening, treatment and education to those we serve in our 17 county area,” said Good. “This summer I lost a friend to breast cancer. This does not make me unique, but it only fuels my passion to fight. I believe it is essential that all women have health care that is both affordable and accessible. As we celebrate our 20th year in Kansas City, I look forward to working with the Komen team to do just that for women who need breast health services.”

Good named executive director/2

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Kansas City Affiliate Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. The Kansas City Affiliate of Komen for the Cure is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community joining more than 1 million breast cancer survivors and activists around the globe as part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer.

Through events like the Komen Kansas City Race for the Cure®, the Kansas City Affiliate has invested more than $8 million in community breast health programs in a 17-county area. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in the Kansas City region. The remaining income (25%) goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund research. For more information, call 1-877-GO KOMEN or visit www.komenkansascity.org.

#

To our users and readers

Press Release Central has moved to a new server. What does this mean for you? Releases posted prior to March 1, 2012 have gone away, as has your old account registration info. Everyone will need to re-register for an account. We apologize for this inconvenience.




Want your event in our calendar?

Would you like your event published in The Kansas City Star? We’d be glad to consider it.

Enter your event

.

About Press Release Central

Press Release Central is Kansas City’s largest community site for press releases announcing news of all kinds: business, entertainment, sports and more. Releases stay for an extended period, so messages live a long life. And if you’re hunting for tips or information, just search to find news, names and subjects you might have missed.